Difference between revisions of "Meeting notes"

From SkullSpace Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Moving out 2015)
m
Line 249: Line 249:
 
** Shirts: We have a printed catalog, so we can print a logo on anything in there
 
** Shirts: We have a printed catalog, so we can print a logo on anything in there
 
** Michael should be able to set you up
 
** Michael should be able to set you up
** Much discussion was had over capes with our logo for Stephan
+
** Much discussion was had over capes with our logo for Stefan
 
* 6:10:
 
* 6:10:
 
** New printer is ready to go
 
** New printer is ready to go

Revision as of 11:12, 7 August 2017

2015 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2015

2014 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2014

2013 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2013

2012 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2012

2011 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2011

2010 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2010

June 27, 2017 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Intros
  • 3D printing intro day - stay tuned for sometime this summer
  • X-Carl is now operational once again (thanks Edwin!)
  • Finances appear to be stabilizing
  • New Keyfobs are in - rejoice!
  • Mark Jenkins is presenting a talk at the space tomorrow - "Resisting the Surveillance State"
  • SkullSpace fund2013 minutes are at Meeting_notes\2013

raising campaign is active - check out http://skull.space/summer - Donation matching!

  • Michael K is still looking for volunteers for the AiKon table, hit him up if you are available!
  • Temporary water service is now in effect @ 374 Donald
  • Unix Epoch rollover to 1500000000 is happening on July 13 - stay tuned for an event announcement


May 30, 2017 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Intros
  • April minutes read
  • 72 Princess location for social- Chris made preliminary contact.
  • Free credit pinball today
  • Two pinball events still to come - contact Manitoba Pinball Asc. or just show in interested
  • Edwin asked developer for discount on KISS slicer. Developer gave gave us a free licence
  • Edwin and Thor experimenting with mater control for 3d printer
  • X-Carl may have a damaged arduino and/or X-axis stepper driver
  • Edwin ordered replacement and upgrade parts for Carl
  • Edwin looking for Windows Vista licence for some bizarre reason
  • 1st pinball event happened, it was fun
  • Papers we love happened it wen well, apparently it's on YouTube
  • Student films screening event being planned
  • cyber-defense challenge happened, it went well
  • Front street being torn up from June 8 - July 27, good luck parking.
  • sandbox table still incomplete and broken
  • abridged financial report because scripts were configured for USD not CAD. Micheal may email complete report after meeting

April 25, 2017 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Introductions
  • We read the minutes from last week.
  • Adrian had a suggestion for an Anti-Social space. 72 Princess, third floor, $450.
    • Freight elevator if needed.
  • Financial Report:
    • We had made some money from events, so we're holding steady.
    • We have a couple new members.
    • The insurance payments in the summer are what usually do us in.
    • Member dues essentially pay for rent. We rely on donations and event revenue to cover insurance and utilities.
  • Plans for the floor? Getting ends of linoleum would be nice and cheap. We should be able to just roll it out without gluing.
  • Chris's friend has some ideas on how to decorate the place.

March 28, 2017 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Meeting called
  • Approved previous minutes
  • Financial report: Looks okay. We had a good event with the synth meetup, so we probably aren't losing anything this month. Michael doesn't have the bank records at the moment.
  • Why is the door always locked now?
    • The architects lock it at 5:00?
  • A lot of members had applied lately, and we're contacting them one by one.
  • Hackaday is hiring contract writers! Writing about projects and such, so apply today.
    • (P.S. we should document all the neat stuff we do here.)
  • Was there money in our fund to purchase upholstery?
    • So Chris had the idea to get furniture to make our space better.
    • More flooring! Stuff like that.
    • We need lockers, too. Costco has a sale.
      • We can probably get old ones from Habitat for Humanity, too.
    • We took a vote. The people who didn't show up will never know.
  • Flickr is full of pictures from other events, but never anything in our space. We should take more photos in the space.
  • Edwin talked about pinball and such. Virtual pinball, etc.
  • We've got an orange (the construction type) SkullSpace toque for sale.
  • Marcel is looking for a video camera (camcorder?) for an upcoming trip. He was looking for something "a step up from an iPhone."
  • Upcoming events:
    • Ron's CTF event this Saturday
    • Manitoba Comic Con this Saturday and Sunday. We have a table.

February - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Whoops, these minutes are missing! email admin@ if you have them.
    • Actuall is probably Edwin.

January 31, 2017 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Meeting called 6:00pm
  • FPV update
    • FPV Wing build moved to Feb 23rd
    • discontinuing the regular FPV extravaganza until further notice, lack of interest
  • Members: Read the Bylaws and propose any changes
    • announce proposed changes to bylaws on Feb 7th (still waiting for members to submit proposed changes)
  • Synthesizer petting zoo is gaining momentum
  • Bylaw amendment ideas
    • requiring invitation to apply for membership seems outdated as per our recent practices
    • one guest per member in the space rule
    • need to update wiki as per meeting requirements
  • Finances!!!! - see report here
    • forecast: early April is when we die should we not grow our membership
    • next big upfront payment - july?? need to confirm
  • Membership strategies: we need to throw more events to gain more members! Our efforts reflect membership growth, need to keep up the good work
    • Government Grants - paying for events, supplies
    • IEEE wpg section?
  • Malware analysis was well attended
  • Teddy Ruxpin > Furby
  • POS terminals working - for snacks!?!?!?
  • KeyFOBs should be hear by Feb 3rd
  • Meeting adjourned @ 18:41

December 27, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

404 meeting not found (fix plz)


November 29, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Ron is returning!
    • He has an event running this friday (DC204)
    • There _are_ details on this event (6:30pm - 10pm) - OPEN CHAOS NIGHT
  • Retro Computing Event via Justin Lacko!!
    • Follow up with Justin on date particulars / check mailing list
  • Recruitment efforts!
    • Justin keeps threatening to make us a poster
  • Synthesizer event?
    • Let's follow up with Colin; Troy corresponded with Jordan for contact info's, forward along
  • Quadcopter event this thursday!
    • Let's start keeping track of # attendees for events!
    • Might move to mondays, whatever suits the community
  • Financial update
    • March is our trajectory for dying!!
  • KiCAD workshop was successful!
  • Community outreach
    • Can we get reddit integration on the go?
    • local hack event this weekend
    • get a sign-up sheet!!
    • can we go to the yellow dog and put up a poster tonight??
    • A couple different ads - benefits to career, hobbies, etc
  • Local Hack Event
    • 130 sign-ups so far
    • 12 hour event
    • Engineering Building at the UoM
    • Held all over the world - but, internationally there are simultaneous events
    • Lets put an announce method out for mentors!!
    • This saturday, starts at 9am, through to 9pm
    • Hack Central - February - Bigger event
    • Stef and Thor can anchor the 3d printing
    • People can bring some dev boards
    • Major League Hacking - UMDev Club
  • Bike dump holding a meeting here - unsure of the date or commitment, but perhaps!!!!!!?????
  • Next Friday is going to be a movie night!! ( Dec 9 )
    • Double feature - "Clock & Dagger", and "the last starfighter"
  • A workshop that takes you through a process
    • To make a schematic of something and then to actually fabricate it


October 25, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • BELL RUNG @ 6:02PM
  • FINANCIAL UPDATE
    • our long-term viability is improving due to donations, good to go until marchish
    • social profits: 700 bucks, got 300 donation based on performance @ social
    • membership is going back to plateau instead of nosedive...
    • recruiting is starting to work, "cautious optimism"
  • HOLIDAY EVENT
    • retro computing hackathon? reach out to Justin Lacko
  • DINNER THING
    • first week of december, tentatively
  • SYNTHESIZER THING - AGAIN??
    • the last one was feb 28
    • guy from roland needs a heads up
    • solicit jordan justice for particulars - roland dude etc
    • colin e, adrian might be interested in heading the event?
    • james paskaruk interested as well
    • Colin E is interested in hosting
    • Early January seems like a good timeframe
    • CKUW attended as well
      • Brian will solicit the CKUW crowd
  • We should go get snacks sometime soon
    • Edwin, Michael, Stefan to do snacks
    • Giant tiger gift card so that ppl can get snacks eaiser??
  • Payment stuffs: BrainTree is the best-looking
    • PAD - $65/mo
    • Tiered fee, 10/15 ppl chunks
    • Edwin to investigate further
  • Grants - we are open to signing off on applications, if someone wants to head the charge
  • CNC update
    • it's working, need to go out and buy some wood to build a box
    • need policies
    • user logins, training video?
    • fire extinguisher is underneath the x-carve, safety training will happen
  • C4
    • Troy to follow up with contact to secure # tickets and payment date
    • Power - $150ish?
    • people gather sksp 6:00 thursday
    • opens to the public @ 2pm on friday
  • Brian to shoot a scene for a sci-fi movie @ the space
    • BoD able to sign off on any space usage agreements
    • Movies are cool - one condition for using the space is to provide a showing of the film
  • Do we see the return of bad movie night???? Thor interested in bringin it back
  • QuadCopter night was cool - semiregular basis potential
  • MEETING ADJOURNED 6:46PM


September 27, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Posters, advertising
    • Troy to contact Millennium Library re general poster distribution
    • Poke Justin to see if he's able to design a new poster
  • Transition from PAD
    • Ask Ben to look into transitioning out of PAD, what is involved
    • Edwin to investigate paypal and/or "MoneyTree" or whatever its called
  • Wordpress initiative
    • Brock is busy lately
    • Edwin will lead this in general
  • CNC Machine
    • Small mechanical adjustments and firmware flashing remain
  • Social
    • Alcohol
      • We are amenable to halfpints beer
      • We adverised drinks @ $3.50, must adhere to this
      • For beer (et al.) pickup, Troy, Edwin, and James all have vehicles
    • Game systems and TVs:
      • Edwin: Wii, NES,SNES
      • Troy: Wii U + smash bros, small CRT
      • Stef: 32" TV
      • James: TV
      • Brad: N64
    • Music
      • We are using our PA system. James is able to set it up.

August 30, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

TODO: populate this

July 26, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

Meeting:

  • 6:00:
    • Intros
    • Camera parts roll call. Bring back items if you took one
    • Still not at a good space with the infrastructure if Colin gets hit by a bus
  • 6:05:
    • Shirts: We have a printed catalog, so we can print a logo on anything in there
    • Michael should be able to set you up
    • Much discussion was had over capes with our logo for Stefan
  • 6:10:
    • New printer is ready to go
    • X-Carve is waiting for monies, nearly there
    • Corportate sponsorship is ready to recieve
    • Magellan may be willing to donate funds towards infrastructure
  • 6:15:
    • Social planning. Curious if Shab will help organize things
    • Sysadmin workshops - We're planning on doing more of those
  • 6:20
    • Would ladies learning to code want to present here?
    • Paper towel too expensive. Need cheap crap for drying hands

June 28, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

9 members present last week

Reminders:
 -Talk to A. Michael for skullspace t-shirts or polos. Size / colour / etc.
 -Talk to Courtney to get giftcards. SkullSpace gets a little kickback from it.
 -Talk to Ben or Edwin or Troy to donate to the CNC fund. We're at a little over $1000

Thinkbox has decided to sponsor us $2400/year quarterly, explicitly for increasing value in the space. Tools, fixing, etc. Many of our existing tools are whatever members have donated. We should prepare for the CNC by getting things like the filters, safety glasses, and stuff like that. Troy made business cards. They'll be in the office cabinet. The 3D Printer workshop at the library went really well. It sold out, and all the reviews were excellent. Mark donated his presentation material so we can repeat the presentation here. We're planning for the social. Shab was going to help plan. We're planning more than a month in advance this time.

- We should probably focus on a social that's fun for us, without the huge and noisy dancefloor and with more board games. Still loads of booze, of course. If we want to do a loud-music real social, it's not an 'anti-social', and we should focus on the crowds who actually fill up that kind of venue.

The MGUG are going to have a show-and-tell on Thursday. Come talk about open maps and stuff like that. Ben did financial stuff. We lost a lot of members recently, as we usually do before the summer.

May 31st, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • t-shirts, hats, polos, etc with embroidered logo, $20-30 depending on quality and fundraising
    • contact Michael K if you are interested
  • gift cards
    • if you are interested, contact Courtney
  • financial update
  • CNC machine
    • We want to get an X-Carve
    • So far we have about $1000 and we want to get closer to $2000 before we pull the trigger
    • Photos of CNC machine made stuff in the next email
  • social medias
    • we should make a point of posting pics of events on the twitters and facebooks
  • concensus was to relocate the bikes to the back of the space where they are less in the way since they are not used very frequently


April 26th, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • financial update
  • x-carve - talk to Ben if you want to chip in for a CNC machine
  • shelf at back is being cleaned out
  • which area will get cleared out next? beige cabinet! (move and label your stuff / important stuff)
  • fob system is fixed!
  • can we get the front door to open on a button press for when the doorbell rings?
  • key access battery backup will need replacing at some point
  • key access system will need to be documented soon - Edwin will take this on, Mark will help with imaging the VM
  • Stuff in the space
    • available for members to use and borrow short term (note when it will return)
    • donations/long term loans should be agreed upon as useful - announce before bringing in large items and make sure at least a couple other members
    • when you borrow stuff, email the list, even small things - lets people know if stuff is available and ensures it comes back
    • anything that looks good here is probably either destined for someone's project or sksp infrastructure


March 29th, 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald


February 23rd 2016 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

* Bell was rung at 6:01pm.
* Introductions
* Motion to end the Nominations for candidacy; That was passed as a

resolution by the members.

* Candidates for the board introductions were made.
* Bylaw amendment #11 vote:
 * Too many meetings focused on administrative issues.
 * Meeting only once a month instead of every week.
 * Edwin mentions that the space might not get used as much, as people

come to the weekly meetings.

 * Mark thinks that the amendment is a good idea because the bylaws are

fairly tight. That being said, he wants to make sure that meetings still happen.

 * More points back and forth.
 * Freedom! ( Fists in the air ).
* Ballets were cast.
* Ben financial report.
* Jay did a quick recap and thanks around for the board for this year.
* Votes are being counted
* New board is:
 * Ben
 * Troy
 * Courtney
 * Edwin
 * Chris