From SkullSpace Wiki
This page reflects a policy and should be edited for content only with board approval (formatting and grammar fixes are okay).
- PCs, servers, laptops: accepting any equipment 0-7 years old, rare equipment (RISC, sun machines etc) or anything 'retro' >25 years old.
- any routers, wireless equipment: always accepted
- switches: anything with a gigabit interface is accepted (we have too many 10/100 devices).
- always accepting DDR or newer RAM, and 80-pin SCSI hard drives.
- monitors: always accepting LCDs. We have enough CRTs.
Server mounting: all rackable servers must be racked, buy slide rails if you need to. We already have a stack of servers and it's not fun playing Jenga to troubleshoot.