I whip my Angel Hair back and forth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:11, 27 March 2012 by Nateloaf (Created page with "Ingredients: * Coarse salt, to taste (French style grey sea salt works best) * 1 pound angel hair pasta * 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped (this works best if the garlic is chopped no...")
- Coarse salt, to taste (French style grey sea salt works best)
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped (this works best if the garlic is chopped not pressed)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the garlic, oil, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet or wok.
- Sautee over medium heat, until the garlic softens and turns golden, about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about a 1/4 cup of the cooking water and let stand in a strainer (in the sink or something)
- Add the pasta and the reserved water to the garlic mixture. Toss to mix well.
- Stir in parsely
- Top with lemon zest and a pinch of salt
Serves 4-6 (fewer if guests are vampires)