Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Fresh Fruit
- Lemon or Lime Juice
- Artificial Sweetner
- Preheat oven to 140F
- Use fruit that is ripe or over-ripe for the best flavour
- Remove all pits, seeds & stones (generally, grapes and berries do not need seed removal)
- Slice fruit into chunks and puree in a food processor or blender
- If using yellow or light-colored fruit, add 1 tbsp of lime or lemon juice for each litre of fruit.
- If using orange or pineapple pulp, add artificial sweetener, to taste
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and pour the puree onto the sheet (about 1/4-inch deep).
- Distribute evenly by tilting the sheet - do not use a spatula or knife. The cookie sheet should be completely covered.
- Set cookie sheet in oven , leaving the oven door cracked open. The fruit jerky will be dried in about 4 hours.
- After loosening the edge and peeling it back about an inch, roll the waxed paper and the dried leather in one piece into a loose roll. The dried fruit roll can be stored for years in the freezer, for months in the refrigerator, and for weeks at room temperature, but it won't last that long :)