From SkullSpace Wiki
This page serves as the index for SkullSpace meeting minutes.
Minutes from previous years
February 27, 2019 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald
- 14 members present; 3 represented by proxy. These 17 members constituted a quorum
- We decided to wait until more members arrived before we closed candidacy for directors
- Net worth is on the up-and-up (currently at about $2617.44 above expenses)
- Last year 2770
- There was a downward spike last year from a large Hydro bill. Michael has been reading the meter weekly since then.
- Hydro fees are a bit of a guess, we would need to retrieve our login information to find out how much we're charged per kilowatt hour.
- We're using about 300 kWh/week without the air conditioner
- Uncollected dues is at its lowest since 2017
- Some questions were asked
- Might there be a seasonal trend of membership turn-around? At this point we don't know, but Michael will run some numbers some day
- Are there any common reasons members suspend their membership? Nost who cancelled recently cancelled for the sake of their own time or finances
- Looking back at 2018
- Got Prusa 3D Printer
- Got a new door and got the push-bar installed
- Started participating in First Friday
- Went to Ai-Kon
- Got a new vertical Banner
- Hosted Manitoba Pinball League
- Gained enough members to cover expense
- Thor threw several movie nights
- Discussion of what SkullSpace is came up, a community of technically minded people that are available to help each other out on their projects.
- 360 tour of the space suggested
- Suggestion of an advertising campaign. Idea to run more events for post-secondary students.
- The fob management system's power supply had 'technical' "issues" about a month ago. A newer system was constructed, and will be installed soon.
- AR Sandbox table has become just a table, Keith will be contacted to figure out what to do with it.
- Ai-Kon's one-day Winterfest was interesting. We got some interest in our space. One of the 3D pens glitched out
- First Friday is coming up this Friday, March 1st
- More members at the space would be helpful
- Petting Zoo upcoming; date needs to be finalized
- Candidacy for board was re-visited
- Only five members announced candidacy, so no vote was needed.
- Directors for 2019:
- Brad M
- Ben M
January 29, 2019 - 18:17 @ 200-374 Donald
- Finances are going up at a steady rate.
- Proposal to have routine Dungeons and Dragons at the space, if interested contact Cameron.
- Comedy workshop still happening every other Wednesday.
- This friday is First Friday
- Next month is the annual general meeting
- Anyone interested in becoming a Skullspace board member please make a post to discuss.
- Several members have noticed 555 days of up time is very noisy