- To plan the SkullSpace Anti-Social in September of 2016.
- Leader: A. Michael
- Members: A. Michael, Thor, Shab, Edwin
- Status: Tickets and posters printed; license still in process
The Anti-Social is a geek-themed social, but also a not-social. Music, but not too loud; dancing, but not all the time; alcohol, of course; people dressing in costumes, but only if it's not going to end up weird; raffles full of geeky gifts; food, both generic party snacks and home-cooked treats; video games projected on the walls.
- Cost (What costs us money?)
- Tape and more tape
- Raffle Ticket rolls
- Bartender, Music, other hires
- Total so far: about $170. Expected: $330
- September 30th
- Ralph Brown CC
- Liquor (with Gambling for 50/50 and raffles)
- Do we need something special to prepare food?
- Prizes for silent auction
- Secure some volunteers for set-up
- Get people for bar tending
- Cars for moving things before and after
- Projection systems. From SkullSpace? Who has games?
- Video game systems
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup, Discuss, Meeting, Secret Handshake, Reddit/r/Winnipeg, ur mom (and also your friends)
- Deadlines: Yes, very!
- Get last bit of licensing sorted out
- Send out an update to our social media channels: after the above, the week before, the day before, and a few hours before.
- Order alcohol
- Think about food. Do we need to place an order somewhere?
- Plan out all the events and volunteers right away.
- Design some decorations, if we can. The more time we give ourselves, the better it'll all be.
- The day before is the best day for doing prep baking.
- The day of, we'll arrive early with refreshments, board games, and decorations to get everything set up.
Can we design everything with pixels and modified 4-bit colour? (For example) Emphasis on cards and boards as design elements (maybe real-life Material Design). Maybe dice. Play up the hacker aesthetic, if we can. Green numbers and stuff. Some hardware hacks with blinkenlights, if possible.