Draw Me like one of your French Fries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
VEGETARIAN POUTINE RECIPE Serves: 4 Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1 hour
- 6 Russet potatoes, Julienned
- 2 cups ice and 2 cups cold water for ice bath
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp margine
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 - 2 cups cheese curds
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Julienne the potatoes using a mandoline on the 5/16 setting or by hand. Place the french fries into a large bowl filled with ice and water. Let them sit for 15 minutes. This will remove some of the starch, making the french fries more crispy.
- Next, dry the potatoes and then spread them on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Heat the butter and flour in a saucepan on low-medium heat. Cook until the mixture has turned light brown in color, but not burnt. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the french fries have cooked, remove them from the oven and place onto a serving plate. Top with cheese curds and then pour gravy over the top.