Fish sticks in your mouth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Fish sticks in your mouth|
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 - 1 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 - 1 cup of cornmeal (same amount as nutritional yeast, roughly)
- Soy milk
- Olive oil
- Spices (eg, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, smoked paprika, etc)
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat
- Mix together nutritional yeast and cornmeal
- Cut the tofu into strips of about 3/4"x3/4"
- Dip each stick into soy milk, then roll in the nutritional yeast and cornmeal mixture
- When the oil is hot enough, place the strips into the frying pan, fry and rotate until nicely browned on each side
- Remove from heat, spice to taste
- Enjoy with plum sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce, or plain!