Good Guy Gravy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, squashed and minced very well
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 tsp Nutritional Yeast (Red Star preferred)
- 4 tbsps Soy sauce (Bragg's works best)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cornstarch (optional)
- Add garlic, onion and oil to a saucepan. Sautee over medium head for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in soy sauce, flour, and yeast (it will make a kind of paste).
- Gradually mix in the water, stirring constantly.
- Bring the gravy to a boil on medium to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until gravy has thickened
- For thicker gravy, mix in a bit of cornstarch (dissolved in water)
- Remove from heat and stir in sage and pepper
Serve hot, works great for Poutine!