Lazy Sunday Cupcakes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup nonhydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain soy milk or soy creamer
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle.
- Add the sugar, oil, vanilla extract to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine with wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are OK).
- Fill liners to 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Beat the shortening and margarine together until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the vanilla and soy milk, and beat for another 5 to 7 minutes until fluffy.
- Top cooled cupcakes with frosting and sprinkly with more crushed cookies