This is Spätzle!
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 cup yellow corn flour
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy flour
- 1 1/4 cup water (approx)
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- While water is boiling, mix all the ingredients together to form a stiff, even dough, separate into three uqual sized batches.
- Press the dough into the water using a potato masher to make little turdlets.
- Stir around with a large slotted spoon to prevent clumping.
- Cook as pasta, spaetzle will float up to the top when they are cooked through (usually 2-5 minutes)
- Toss with a bit of margarine to prevent sticking.
Serve with a stroganoff type mushroom sauce and green peas.