You gonna get graped
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Uncooked White Rice (long grain)
- 1 cup Boiling Water or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Tomato juice or Tomato Sauce (diluted)
- 3 tbsp Raisins, Chopped
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50 Grape Leaves (rinsed in cool water if in brine or steamed until pliable if fresh)
- 1 cup Water
- Sautee onion in saucepan with 1/2 cup olive oil until translucent (DO NOT BROWN).
- Add rice, boiling water / broth, tomato juice / sauce, raisins, pine nuts, herbs, and salt.
- Cook for 20 minutes (until rice is about half done / still crunchy in the centre).
- Allow rice mixture to cool! to room temperature
- Fill each grape leaf with 1 1/2 tablespoons rice mixture and wrap burrito-style (making sure they are properly sealed and rice mixture does not leak out). Roll to about the thickness of your index finger (Save torn leaves to place on top of Dolmades as they simmer).
- Place Dolmades together in a skillet. Cover with remaining 1 cup water/stock and remaining 1/2 cup olive oil. Cover with extra leaves and pot lid.
- Simmer on medium head until all liquid is absorbed (half an hour or so).
- Serve hot or chilled
Prep Time: 1 hour Serves: 8-10