Difference between revisions of "Meeting notes"

From SkullSpace Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(24 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
== Minutes from previous years ==
 
== Minutes from previous years ==
 +
 +
[[Meeting_notes (2019)]]
 +
 +
[[Meeting_notes (2018)]]
 +
 
[[Meeting_notes (2017)]]
 
[[Meeting_notes (2017)]]
  
Line 20: Line 25:
 
[[Meeting_notes (2010)]]
 
[[Meeting_notes (2010)]]
  
== December 18, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
 
*Christmas package from the Brown family, thank you.
 
*Michael bought new fob and cooked the books to amortize the expense over future income.
 
*Net worth and memberships continue to grow slowly
 
*First Friday on January 4 and there will be cleaning Hackathon then.
 
*Movie night this Friday Dec 21. featuring Runaway and iRobot.
 
*Coming soon music hack-a-track and/or circuit bending likely in Jan. TBA
 
*One more official meeting before AGM.
 
*Show and tell
 
  
== November 27, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
== August 25th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel ==
 +
* Financials
 +
** We managed to get a rent reduction of 20% for the year.
 +
** We finally got the new directors added to our bank account
 +
** Hydro estimated an extra $100 for no reason. That just means the price will be lower in a later month.
 +
** We appreciate any extra donations!
 +
** Mark C is willing to fund volunteer work for SkullSpace. He has the money, but not the time. Are you interested in running online classes or live-streaming electronics stuff?
 +
** We discussed power usage. We're going through roughly $30-$40 per week, mostly because of our servers. It would be nice to lower that, but we're not pushing too hard.
 +
* We put an old Google Meet link on our sites and such, but apparently only Mark has access to it. We might need to make a different link.
 +
* Mark J is planning another Hax festival on October 17th.
 +
** Virtual event, live sessions, no pre-bake.
 +
** Payment offered for each half-hour session.
 +
* Edwin is now a director. Pirates won the mock vote against Ninjas.
 +
* September's movie stream: "Fantastic Voyage" and "Innerspace"
 +
** It was postponed from last month.
  
*Financial update:
+
== July 28th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel ==
**Membership still climbing slowly
+
* Financials
**Income up slightly and continuing to grow slowly
+
** June wasn't super bad. July is super bad.
*Pinball tournament happened, it was good.
+
** We're losing members at about our usual rate, but we aren't replenishing them with new members.
*Cookies and Community (Entrepreneurial Workshop) coming up this Friday
+
** We got a bonus from some old gift card funds. (Remember FundScrip?)
*New visitor maintains list of co-working communities coworkingwinnipeg.ca (makerspaces, hakerspaces, etc.)
+
** We also forgot about some of Nate's expenses, so I went back and lowered our NYE profits and took out some snack profits.
*AGM in three months
+
** We're looking into the emergency rent reduction stuff
*Elevator now fixed.
+
** It seems like we're supposed to be surviving through our members' CERB payments.
 +
* We've had a couple people ask about getting tours, so we should start maintaining a presence at the space again.
 +
* Reminder: SkullSpace offers email addresses to members. If you'd like one, just send an email to admin@.
 +
* We should collect impact statements from all the participants of our TEC workshops.
 +
* We updated our website with more COVID-19 info.
 +
* The election for the new director is on Tuesday. No other candidates besides Edwin, yet. Mark J is our election official, and has plans for encrypted public-channel voting. If there are no other candidates announced, he'll hold a mock vote for Pirates vs Ninjas.
 +
* Events
 +
** Online board game night next Tuesday (Aug 4) at 6:00.
 +
** August's movie stream: "Fantastic Voyage" and "Innerspace".
  
== October 30, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
== June 30th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel ==
*6:02
+
* Financials
* Financials:
+
** It turns out Google Drive wasn't backing up Michael's copy of the books, and so a data-loss event ruined several months of records. No reports this month while he rebuilds it, but we expect that the downward ramp will continue.
** Holding even. We're gaining more members. The money being made from memberships is now more than the cost of rent
+
* Chris Johnson passed away at the very end of May. There's a notebook at the space for anyone who'd like to record some memories. The book will be given to his parents at some point in the future.
* Thor will try to stock the snack table, but anyone who finds deals on snacks should buy some. Let a director know or email admin@skullspace.ca with the receipt to get reimbursed. We can get all the discount Hallowe'en chip boxes! Canned dinner food is also a good idea.
+
** Because of the new opening on the board, we're going to call some new elections. Edwin has been cleared by his company, so he'll fill that spot if no-one else nominates themselves.
* Upcoming events:
+
** Some members wanted to work on a memorial project for Chris. There were some ideas on Slack, but a lot of us are probably waiting until we can gather safely.
** First Fridays is this Friday! Come on down 5:00 to 9:00 to make the space lively and talk to new people if they come up. This will be a good opportunity to set up our snazzy new vertical banner.
+
* Edwin had brought the Prusa printer home some months ago, and was thinking about bringing it back.
** November 5th, the Manitoba Pinball League will have a knockout tournament. Tables have already started arriving at the space.
+
* Colin E. had some leads on a donation of synth production gear.
** Ryan wants to do a circuit-bending night in January.
+
* Michael would like to try to keep up appearances online even when we go back to face-to-face meetings at the space.
 +
* Thor is streaming movie night. This month was "Blast from the Past" and "Bubble Boy". Next month is "Starship Troopers" and "Ender's Game".
  
== September 25, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
== May 26th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel ==
* 6:18 start
+
* Financials
* Introductions
+
** Starting to see that drop. Memberships down $60 from last month, which will continue.
* Financials:
+
** We tend to get a member or two leaving every month or two, so we rely on incoming members.
** about even, this month
+
** Everything else is roughly the same
** still chipping away at owed dues
+
* 16 virus cases in total in MB, so things will either get better and better, or worse and worse.
* Upcoming events:
+
* Thor has been streaming movie night. This month was 'Ready or Not' and 'The Cabin in the Woods'. Next month is 'Blast from the Past' and 'Bubble Boy'.
** cookie potluck this Saturday
 
** Nuit Blanche this Saturday
 
** First Fridays at the end of next week
 
** cleanup on the first Friday, as well. Come for cleaning and pizza
 
  
== August 28, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
== April 28th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel ==
 +
* 6:03: Ratified last-month's minutes
 +
* 6:06: Financials
 +
** The net worth is steady, but we will be losing over the next little bit due to member loss.
 +
** Expenses are pretty flat. Income had quite a bit of food and drink.
 +
** We earned $40.00 from the coffee machine, this month.
 +
** Membership slightly down - have not been chasing for dues, though we also haven't heard that anyone is unable to pay.
 +
** Michael removed members who didn't respond since February and March.
 +
** Michael will pay a coworking fee for using the fancy desks during April.
 +
** Our average monthly cost is $2400 ($1890 rent + $210 insurance + $200 utilities + 70 bank)
 +
** A few scenarios:
 +
*** If literally all money stopped coming in, we'd last about three months.
 +
*** If only our PAD amounts were still coming in, we'd last about six months.
 +
*** If we continued on as usual, but we lost about three or four of our members, we'd be on a sixteen-month slope unless we held fundraisers.
 +
* 6:31: 3D Printer was making the PETG face mask straps, but clogged. Largely its been operating fine but Edwin will be ordering a replacement bed as the previous one was damaged slightly
 +
* 6:39: Province to announce opening up again soon in a limited fashion and we will keep people up to date
 +
**  No events, yet, and use space sparingly.
 +
* 6:40: Need for an IRC bot set up for slack.
 +
* 6:48: If anyone is having trouble paying dues for April/ May, let Michael know in case we can get reimbursed.
 +
** Due to the pandemic, we have lost a few hundred dollars and it would be nice if we could get some of that.
 +
** We might need our members to pay with money from their own government subsidies. That might be how we're supposed to get help from the government for this.
 +
* 6:56: Thor streamed his movie night. The same might happen next month.
  
== July 31, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
== March 31st, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel ==
*Financial update
+
* Introductions
** Holding steady
+
* Last minutes
** Michael is tracking Hydro usage weekly as of one month ago
+
* Financials
** Some correction regarding insurance payment upcoming
+
** I forgot to arrange some server space with Mark, so instead I made a really long web link for the financial results
* Ai-Kon happened
+
** http://rhombitruncated.icosidodecahedron.com/skullspace_financial_reports_as_of_2020-03-31/
** Some interest in SkullSpace from Ai-Kon attendees
+
** Net worth is holding pretty steady, all things considered.
** Edwin met Winnipeg chapter of Twitch streamer, might stream event from SkullSpace
+
** We outlaid some expenses to get groceries and the like.
** People liked the 3D pens. Good idea for future away missions
+
** Our drink and snack income were fairly high, so thank you to Nate for restocking that.
* Need more SkullSpace business cards
+
** Membership is holding steady for now.
* irc.skullspace.ca is now a thing
+
** I didn't collect enough over-dues.
* Our official first First Friday is this weekend 5pm till whenever
+
* Stuff
* Movie night Aug 24 featuring Ralph Bakshi's ''Wizards'' and ''Heavy Traffic''
+
** 3D Printer had problems again. It looked overheated. Edwin will take it home to look at it.
 +
** The half-taken-apart TV is Edwin's.
 +
** The whole place has pretty much been in stasis
 +
* COVID-19
 +
** We're trying to reduce the number of people in the space. So far there have never been more than about six.
 +
** We just reached 100 cases of the disease in Manitoba.
 +
** At the time, it could have started doubling every few days, but that's the exact point where the curve-flattening started working.
 +
** “I can’t go out, I’m washing my hands tonight”
 +
** We're not locking the space down, but we are urging members to stay home.
 +
** The ‘modular petting zoo’ is cancelled until further notice.
 +
** Gatherings of up to 10 people should still be fine.
 +
** We updated the front page of the website with a message.
 +
** We'll need to keep on top of lost funds due to cancelled memberships and non-payment. Please talk to Michael K if you need to make arrangements.
  
== June 26, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
 
* Financial update
 
** Huge expense for Hydro, due to a recent meter reading
 
** We recently bought a pushbar for work on the front door, so that's an additional expense
 
** Everything else is pretty normal. We have about 60 members
 
* Cleaning day next Tuesday with free pizza to those who help
 
* First Fridays next Friday. We're technically part of it now, but too late to get on the brochure
 
  
== May 29, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
== February 25th, 2020 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
* Financial update
+
* Started 6:00pm
* 2017 year in review that should have happened at AGM
+
* Attendance was taken
* Getting involved with First Fridays are still a good idea
+
* We have quorum. 15 people in attendance, two proxy
 
+
* 6:04: Year in review
 
+
** Movie team paid for the Space and didn't use it. We made $2,000 and they cleaned the windows for us.
== April 24, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
** Two very well received and attended socials. A good mix of a traditional social and our gaming/hangout space.
 
+
** Earned $1,500 for the first and $1,700 on the second.
* discussions about back parking lot
+
** Year-over-year we're doing quite well as far as earnings
* financial report: good, still floating even, month-to-month
+
** Presented cashflow, income and expenses from the past 12 months
* movie night on the 27th; Wayne's World and then Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
+
** Donations for the tech club $500
* We're ordering a panic bar for our front door
+
** Helga's donation for our help
* meeting suddenly ended when Edwin arrived with a burrito
+
* 6:10: Membership count is currently at 58. Down from 60 last AGM.
 
+
* 6:15: Discussing net worth, how we track what people owe us
== March 27, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
* 6:15: Rent was not sustainable at one point and we re-negotiated. How are we with the landlord.
 
+
** We checked the property value and it was under $400,000. Could we buy the building?
* discussing metadata from texts / Facebook
+
** We should offer to renew early?
* the 3D printer is in Minnesota, should be here soon
+
* 6:20: Revisiting year in review:
* Edwin made some strides with his driver programming in Rust (he was participating in a "one driver a week" thing)
+
** Tech club occurred in October and November which taught electronics on three separate events.
** Edwin plans to make a driver for a PlayStation controller
+
*** Arduino session, intro to 3D printing, Arduino 7 segment display
* Chris constructing his arcade cabinet on Sunday; Pizza and light refreshments
+
*** 15 kids aged ten to sixteen came out.
* financial reports: slight increase. Treading water
+
*** Funding from the city
* Colin E. is having a synth event (Mi Casa FB Live recording) on Saturday.  
+
*** Super success!
* Friday the 30th is movies: SpaceBalls and then "Star War the Third Gathers: The Backstroke of the West"
+
** MGUG events held at least five evenings.
* MGUG is having an OpenStreetMap night on Wednesday the 28th.
+
** YIMBY events held ten meetings.
 
+
** First Fridays have happened.
== AGM, February 27, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
+
** Movie nights have been a grand success.
 
+
** Helped local artist realize their "Shimmer" exhibit
* bell rung 6:00pm
+
** Carl (CNC machine can cut metal things now and is much quieter)
* 16 members present
+
** Began building out an office-like space with the earnings from the first social
* nominees for election to the board of directors:
+
*** Two 4K monitors and desks
 +
*** Built a wall
 +
* 6:30: Discussions about wall building
 +
* 6:33: Final notes
 +
** Thor: Participation is important, letting other members have a try
 +
** Brad: It was a good experience. Recommend it to build a higher profile
 +
* 6:36: New board decided without a vote.
 +
** Chris Johnson
 +
** Kyle Martin
 +
** Mark Campbell
 
** Michael Kozakewich
 
** Michael Kozakewich
** Ryan Wall
+
** Nate Wild
** Stefan Asmundsson
+
* Action item:
** Chris Johnson
+
** 3D print something for the tech club contributors
** Ben Moulden
+
** Wall builders strike force. Help come build more wall. Next Tuesday March 3rd.
* ELECTION - As there are only five nominees, the board is elected by default
 
* DO WE HAVE QUORUM? -- YES
 
* FINANCES
 
** year-over-year, we're up a small amount
 
** finances are steady due to frequent small events e.g. recent synth event
 
** we have a fair amount of unrealized dues i.e. members who owe a few months
 
** we need to be more aggressive about handling late dues collections
 
** we are at approximately 60 members
 
*** out of the 60, 7 are in arrears on their dues
 
** we have enough members that we are no longer sliding in a downward trajectory
 
** current financial synopsis: "treading water"
 
** goal: grow enough reserve capital to cover 3 months of expenses
 
* general banter:
 
** we should market to students more
 
** "do we need to name actual officers as per our incorporation??? right now we just have directors."
 
*** we don't need to have officers, and SkullSpace has none at the moment.
 
** Synth Petting Zoo was a success, and netted us about $100
 
* bylaw changes - ALL PROPOSALS PASSED!!!!!!
 
** amendment 1: ''Under the section "Application for membership"'': "If two or more members object to the granting of membership to an applicant, the board must not approve the application for membership." changed to "If two or more members object to the granting of membership to an applicant, the board must reach a unanimous decision if they are to approve the application for membership."
 
** amendment 2: ''Under the section "Membership rights and privileges"'': "The privilege of bringing one guest at a time to the Hackerspace (other than the workshop within the Hackerspace), as long as they assume responsibility for the conduct and actions of their guest." changed to "The privilege of bringing guests to the Hackerspace in accordance with SkullSpace policies, on condition that they assume responsibility for the conduct and actions of their guests."
 
** amendment 3: ''Under the section "Ceasing to be a member"'': "Such a membership may be reinstated upon application for reinstatement, which is to processed in the same manner as an application for membership [...]" changed to "Such a membership may be reinstated upon application for reinstatement, which is to be processed in the same manner as an application for membership [...]"
 
** amendment 4: ''Under the section "Filling vacancy"'': "[...] the vacancy is to be filled at a regular or special meeting of members to be held within one month after the vacancy arose." changed to "[...] the vacancy is to be filled by election at a special meeting of members to be held within one month after the vacancy arose. The election shall operate as described in the "Election of directors" section."
 
** amendment 5: ''Under the section "Application for Membership"'': "A membership application must be given to a director." changed to "A membership application must be delivered to a director."
 
** amendment 6: ''Under the section "Application for Membership" under the subsection "Other membership obligations"'': "Every member must subscribe to the SkullSpace announcements email list." changed to "Every member will be subscribed to the SkullSpace announcements email list. A member may only unsubscribe from the list if he or she agrees that any notice sent thereafter to the announcements email list in accordance with this by-law is considered to have been delivered to him or her as well."
 
* Recap of 2017
 
** A lot happened in 2017!
 
** We thought about using our space-improvement funds, and ended up getting some lockers.
 
** There was street construction all summer.
 
** Manitoba Comic Con in March, Ai-Kon in July.
 
** Events all over the place: A small-scale CTF, a lockpicking workshop, Ingress, Papers We Love, another Synth petting zoo. Many nights of Pinball. Summer of SkullSpace with a Bitcoin donation matching system.
 
** The space has seen more use during the day, and some other activities like Thor's Friday movie nights.
 
** We attempted to hold a special meeting in April to amend our bylaws, but we didn't achieve quorum.
 
** We finally got some new keyfobs as we got a large influx of members. Membership reached recent highs of 60, compared to the all-time high of 70. The combination of high member count and reduced rent meant that we were finally breaking even.
 
** Michael added an account to amortize those summer insurance fees across the whole year, so that will no longer cause any surprises.
 
** Edwin asked the KISS slicer developer for a discount, and they gave us a free licence. We also ordered a new Prusa printer, so our 3D prints have never looked so smooth.
 
** Keith built an AR sandbox water table using a Kinect and a projector.
 
** Edwin fixed up X-Carl and completed the enclosure, so it's finally ready!
 
** Our content strikeforce updated our website to run the X theme on Wordpress, so now we've got a customizable webpage with a blog. Troy took some pictures of the space, and Justin made some page headers out of older photos.
 
** Random stuff:
 
*** Unix time rolled over to 1500000000
 
***Lady-with-dog moved out of the unit upstairs
 
* MEETING ADJOURNED 7:02PM
 
 
 
== January 30, 2018 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
 
  
* Financial update.
+
== January 28, 2020 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald ==
** Base income roughly equals base expenses, so basically breaking even.
+
* No introductions needed
** Bitcoin donation address is on the website. Mark Jenkins will look into adding shapeshift.io and changely.com so we can accept other cryptos.
+
* Previous minutes
* Overview of proposed by-law amendments, which will be attached to the AGM announcement email.
+
* Financial
 +
** NYE Social boosted it a bunch
 +
** We still haven't gotten back up to peak members, so we'd be on a slight downward slope without these fundraisers
 +
** Everything else is similar. It seems it mostly boils down to membership levels and fundraisers.
 +
* NYE Social:
 +
** Got too much alcohol
 +
** Managed to return most of that
 +
** In the end we made about $1400, so it was a success
 +
** More than half our guests used EventBrite
 +
** We keep on underpricing drinks
 +
** The downstairs has been leased, so we can't throw any more of this type of social
 +
*** Or can we? It seems the second floor of the adjoining building is still open, so that's an avenue of discussion
 +
* AGM soon
 +
** Any bylaws or such need to be in by February 4th.

Latest revision as of 21:19, 8 September 2020


This page serves as the index for SkullSpace meeting minutes.

Minutes from previous years

Meeting_notes (2019)

Meeting_notes (2018)

Meeting_notes (2017)

Meeting_notes (2016)

Meeting_notes (2015)

Meeting_notes (2014)

Meeting_notes (2013)

Meeting_notes (2012)

Meeting_notes (2011)

Meeting_notes (2010)


August 25th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel

  • Financials
    • We managed to get a rent reduction of 20% for the year.
    • We finally got the new directors added to our bank account
    • Hydro estimated an extra $100 for no reason. That just means the price will be lower in a later month.
    • We appreciate any extra donations!
    • Mark C is willing to fund volunteer work for SkullSpace. He has the money, but not the time. Are you interested in running online classes or live-streaming electronics stuff?
    • We discussed power usage. We're going through roughly $30-$40 per week, mostly because of our servers. It would be nice to lower that, but we're not pushing too hard.
  • We put an old Google Meet link on our sites and such, but apparently only Mark has access to it. We might need to make a different link.
  • Mark J is planning another Hax festival on October 17th.
    • Virtual event, live sessions, no pre-bake.
    • Payment offered for each half-hour session.
  • Edwin is now a director. Pirates won the mock vote against Ninjas.
  • September's movie stream: "Fantastic Voyage" and "Innerspace"
    • It was postponed from last month.

July 28th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel

  • Financials
    • June wasn't super bad. July is super bad.
    • We're losing members at about our usual rate, but we aren't replenishing them with new members.
    • We got a bonus from some old gift card funds. (Remember FundScrip?)
    • We also forgot about some of Nate's expenses, so I went back and lowered our NYE profits and took out some snack profits.
    • We're looking into the emergency rent reduction stuff
    • It seems like we're supposed to be surviving through our members' CERB payments.
  • We've had a couple people ask about getting tours, so we should start maintaining a presence at the space again.
  • Reminder: SkullSpace offers email addresses to members. If you'd like one, just send an email to admin@.
  • We should collect impact statements from all the participants of our TEC workshops.
  • We updated our website with more COVID-19 info.
  • The election for the new director is on Tuesday. No other candidates besides Edwin, yet. Mark J is our election official, and has plans for encrypted public-channel voting. If there are no other candidates announced, he'll hold a mock vote for Pirates vs Ninjas.
  • Events
    • Online board game night next Tuesday (Aug 4) at 6:00.
    • August's movie stream: "Fantastic Voyage" and "Innerspace".

June 30th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel

  • Financials
    • It turns out Google Drive wasn't backing up Michael's copy of the books, and so a data-loss event ruined several months of records. No reports this month while he rebuilds it, but we expect that the downward ramp will continue.
  • Chris Johnson passed away at the very end of May. There's a notebook at the space for anyone who'd like to record some memories. The book will be given to his parents at some point in the future.
    • Because of the new opening on the board, we're going to call some new elections. Edwin has been cleared by his company, so he'll fill that spot if no-one else nominates themselves.
    • Some members wanted to work on a memorial project for Chris. There were some ideas on Slack, but a lot of us are probably waiting until we can gather safely.
  • Edwin had brought the Prusa printer home some months ago, and was thinking about bringing it back.
  • Colin E. had some leads on a donation of synth production gear.
  • Michael would like to try to keep up appearances online even when we go back to face-to-face meetings at the space.
  • Thor is streaming movie night. This month was "Blast from the Past" and "Bubble Boy". Next month is "Starship Troopers" and "Ender's Game".

May 26th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel

  • Financials
    • Starting to see that drop. Memberships down $60 from last month, which will continue.
    • We tend to get a member or two leaving every month or two, so we rely on incoming members.
    • Everything else is roughly the same
  • 16 virus cases in total in MB, so things will either get better and better, or worse and worse.
  • Thor has been streaming movie night. This month was 'Ready or Not' and 'The Cabin in the Woods'. Next month is 'Blast from the Past' and 'Bubble Boy'.

April 28th, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel

  • 6:03: Ratified last-month's minutes
  • 6:06: Financials
    • The net worth is steady, but we will be losing over the next little bit due to member loss.
    • Expenses are pretty flat. Income had quite a bit of food and drink.
    • We earned $40.00 from the coffee machine, this month.
    • Membership slightly down - have not been chasing for dues, though we also haven't heard that anyone is unable to pay.
    • Michael removed members who didn't respond since February and March.
    • Michael will pay a coworking fee for using the fancy desks during April.
    • Our average monthly cost is $2400 ($1890 rent + $210 insurance + $200 utilities + 70 bank)
    • A few scenarios:
      • If literally all money stopped coming in, we'd last about three months.
      • If only our PAD amounts were still coming in, we'd last about six months.
      • If we continued on as usual, but we lost about three or four of our members, we'd be on a sixteen-month slope unless we held fundraisers.
  • 6:31: 3D Printer was making the PETG face mask straps, but clogged. Largely its been operating fine but Edwin will be ordering a replacement bed as the previous one was damaged slightly
  • 6:39: Province to announce opening up again soon in a limited fashion and we will keep people up to date
    • No events, yet, and use space sparingly.
  • 6:40: Need for an IRC bot set up for slack.
  • 6:48: If anyone is having trouble paying dues for April/ May, let Michael know in case we can get reimbursed.
    • Due to the pandemic, we have lost a few hundred dollars and it would be nice if we could get some of that.
    • We might need our members to pay with money from their own government subsidies. That might be how we're supposed to get help from the government for this.
  • 6:56: Thor streamed his movie night. The same might happen next month.

March 31st, 2020 - 18:00 @ Slack General Channel

  • Introductions
  • Last minutes
  • Financials
    • I forgot to arrange some server space with Mark, so instead I made a really long web link for the financial results
    • http://rhombitruncated.icosidodecahedron.com/skullspace_financial_reports_as_of_2020-03-31/
    • Net worth is holding pretty steady, all things considered.
    • We outlaid some expenses to get groceries and the like.
    • Our drink and snack income were fairly high, so thank you to Nate for restocking that.
    • Membership is holding steady for now.
    • I didn't collect enough over-dues.
  • Stuff
    • 3D Printer had problems again. It looked overheated. Edwin will take it home to look at it.
    • The half-taken-apart TV is Edwin's.
    • The whole place has pretty much been in stasis
  • COVID-19
    • We're trying to reduce the number of people in the space. So far there have never been more than about six.
    • We just reached 100 cases of the disease in Manitoba.
    • At the time, it could have started doubling every few days, but that's the exact point where the curve-flattening started working.
    • “I can’t go out, I’m washing my hands tonight”
    • We're not locking the space down, but we are urging members to stay home.
    • The ‘modular petting zoo’ is cancelled until further notice.
    • Gatherings of up to 10 people should still be fine.
    • We updated the front page of the website with a message.
    • We'll need to keep on top of lost funds due to cancelled memberships and non-payment. Please talk to Michael K if you need to make arrangements.


February 25th, 2020 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • Started 6:00pm
  • Attendance was taken
  • We have quorum. 15 people in attendance, two proxy
  • 6:04: Year in review
    • Movie team paid for the Space and didn't use it. We made $2,000 and they cleaned the windows for us.
    • Two very well received and attended socials. A good mix of a traditional social and our gaming/hangout space.
    • Earned $1,500 for the first and $1,700 on the second.
    • Year-over-year we're doing quite well as far as earnings
    • Presented cashflow, income and expenses from the past 12 months
    • Donations for the tech club $500
    • Helga's donation for our help
  • 6:10: Membership count is currently at 58. Down from 60 last AGM.
  • 6:15: Discussing net worth, how we track what people owe us
  • 6:15: Rent was not sustainable at one point and we re-negotiated. How are we with the landlord.
    • We checked the property value and it was under $400,000. Could we buy the building?
    • We should offer to renew early?
  • 6:20: Revisiting year in review:
    • Tech club occurred in October and November which taught electronics on three separate events.
      • Arduino session, intro to 3D printing, Arduino 7 segment display
      • 15 kids aged ten to sixteen came out.
      • Funding from the city
      • Super success!
    • MGUG events held at least five evenings.
    • YIMBY events held ten meetings.
    • First Fridays have happened.
    • Movie nights have been a grand success.
    • Helped local artist realize their "Shimmer" exhibit
    • Carl (CNC machine can cut metal things now and is much quieter)
    • Began building out an office-like space with the earnings from the first social
      • Two 4K monitors and desks
      • Built a wall
  • 6:30: Discussions about wall building
  • 6:33: Final notes
    • Thor: Participation is important, letting other members have a try
    • Brad: It was a good experience. Recommend it to build a higher profile
  • 6:36: New board decided without a vote.
    • Chris Johnson
    • Kyle Martin
    • Mark Campbell
    • Michael Kozakewich
    • Nate Wild
  • Action item:
    • 3D print something for the tech club contributors
    • Wall builders strike force. Help come build more wall. Next Tuesday March 3rd.

January 28, 2020 - 18:00 @ 200-374 Donald

  • No introductions needed
  • Previous minutes
  • Financial
    • NYE Social boosted it a bunch
    • We still haven't gotten back up to peak members, so we'd be on a slight downward slope without these fundraisers
    • Everything else is similar. It seems it mostly boils down to membership levels and fundraisers.
  • NYE Social:
    • Got too much alcohol
    • Managed to return most of that
    • In the end we made about $1400, so it was a success
    • More than half our guests used EventBrite
    • We keep on underpricing drinks
    • The downstairs has been leased, so we can't throw any more of this type of social
      • Or can we? It seems the second floor of the adjoining building is still open, so that's an avenue of discussion
  • AGM soon
    • Any bylaws or such need to be in by February 4th.